7:50 am Chair’s Opening Remarks
- Ruediger Stern President North America, FACTON
Harnessing Cost Engineering in an Evolving Industry
8:00 am Keynote: Building a Cost Model for Black Box Electronics: Principles to Consider
- Frank Dalton Senior Cost Engineer, Karma Automotive
- Assessing the change in requirements for costing black box electronics: where does the gap in knowledge lie?
- Revealing methods to build governance with a specialized supply base to ensure fair pricing for emerging parts
- Exploring the potential of applying electronics knowledge in other industries to automotive cost engineering
8:30 am Case Study: Cost Analysis Considerations for Semiconductor Devices
- Jeff Miller President, Senoia Engineering Solutions
- Exploring the semiconductor industry and its growing presence within the automotive industry: assessing autonomous and electric vehicle technology
- Outlining the manufacturing basics of monolithic semiconductors and discussing cost drivers
- Sharing techniques and strategies for estimating the cost of semiconductor devices
9:00 am FACTON Presentation: TBC
- Alexander M. Swoboda CEO, FACTON
Since 1998, FACTON has helped automotive manufacturers win more profitable business by improving the way they do product costing and quoting. Our flagship FACTON EPC software standardizes costing across the enterprise and delivers maximum product cost transparency throughout every phase of the product life cycle. Manufacturers accelerate their costing, achieve pinpoint cost accuracy and secure their profitability by working with the FACTON EPC Suite. Our international portfolio of customers includes Ford Motor Company, Henniges Automotive, DURA Automotive Systems, Airbus, Mahle Behr, MANN+HUMMEL, Porsche and other renowned manufacturers.
9:30 am Speed Networking & Morning Refreshments
10:30 am Electronics Mastermind: Brainstorming for Success
This structured discussion session will guide you through 3 key challenges of costing for electronics. Rotate around the room contributing your thoughts & picking up best practices, and receive a formal post-event report of the industry’s leading answers to the most challenging questions.
|Managing & Analyzing Data to Better Predict Changing Vehicle Cost Drivers
||Developing Specialist In-House Knowledge to Cost & Make Profit from Software
||Revealing Tactics for Predicting Future Rates in a Volatile Trade Landscape
11:45 am aPriori Presentation: TBC
aPriori software and services generate hard-dollar product cost savings for discrete manufacturing organizations. Using aPriori’s real-time product cost assessments, employees in sourcing, manufacturing and design engineering make more informed decisions that drive costs out of products pre- and post-production. With aPriori, discrete manufacturers launch products at cost targets, maximize savings in re-work projects, and avoid overpaying for outsourced parts. As a result, aPriori customers significantly reduce product costs and measurably improve overall financial performance, all while delivering high-value products to their customers.
12:15 pm Networking Lunch
Managing a Complex Supply Chain
1:15 pm Panel Discussion: Comparing Advantages & Disadvantages of a Localized vs. International Supply Base
- Raluca Mihu Director – Program Finance, DURA Automotive
- Marc Pearlman Director of Cost Estimating & Administration, Unique Fabricating Inc.
- Exploring considerations when assessing a supply base in addition to cost: what factors does your organization value?
- Debating the monetary and logistical impacts of transitioning to a localized or international supply base
- Weighing up the consensus of local or international: what strategies are being adopted into 2020?
1:45 pm Audience Perspective: Discussing the Impact of Trade Wars & Tariffs on Total Vehicle Cost & How to Mitigate Effects
- What are the impacts of newly imposed tariffs on total vehicle cost – both directly and indirectly?
- How are trade issues more generally impacting the role of cost engineers or purchasing departments across the automotive industry?
- Brainstorming an action plan for moving forwards successfully: what can be done strategically to mitigate negative impacts of the global economic environment?
2:15 pm Case Study: Leveraging Early Supplier Engagement for More Efficient Costing Process
- Ed Pretzel President , Collaborative Supply Chains
- Exploring best practice to engaging suppliers early in product development: how can they aid cost optimization, as opposed to later stage cost reduction?
- Summarizing the key barriers to earlier engagement: what needs to be done on both sides to aid partnership?
- Discussing how to strategize a sustainable supplier agreement model to standardize supplier relationships: is this possible?
2:45 pm Munro & Associates Presents Click2Cost
- David Foreman Vice President of Software Development, Munro & Associates
2:55 pm Afternoon Refreshments
3:30 pm Audience Perspective: Building Transparency & Leveraging Expertise in Supplier Negotiations
- In the context of a limited supply base for specialist part, how best do you work with suppliers to receive a fair cost breakdown?
- Hearing how to leverage your positioning as a supplier – of whatever size – in negotiations
- Outlining what tools need to be developed to ensure that even in the case of a lack of transparency, your cost model will be robust enough
4:00 pm Case Study: Leveraging Should Cost Data for Strategic Sourcing
- Michael Wildt Founder & Managing Partner, Global Supply Innovations
- Exploring how to drive significant savings by conducting fact-based negotiations with suppliers using Should Cost data
- Revealing how to use should cost data to combat price increase requests from your supply base
- Tips and tricks: effectively implementing a Should Cost Program within a global manufacturing organization
Enhancing Standards for Cost Engineers
4:30 pm Case Study: Building the Skillset of Your Cost Engineering Team to Adapt to Industry Disruption
- Luis Contesini Product Costing Manager, Adient
- Revealing how to identify the gaps in knowledge of your cost engineering team in relation to recent industry changes
- Sharing how to cater to different schools of experience in your organization: how do you train traditional cost engineers for a more dynamic and ambiguous space?
- Imparting successful tactics for transforming the skillset of cost engineers: top tips in training, hiring, and more
5:00 pm Chair’s Closing Remarks
- Ruediger Stern President North America, FACTON